Friday 5 August 2016

The summer holidays are here and unlike most mums I speak to I look forward to having all my children home for the holidays! We wake up, have breakfast watching cartoons, get dressed, play together, go to local parks. Maybe it's because my children have simple tastes? Maybe its because, unlike me and my siblings as children, my kids seem to actually genuinely like each other! They do squabble, but the fundamentally love playing together and their imagination and kindnesses are what makes each day of the summer holidays a delight! I've even found a way to schedule in some writing time, every morning after they get dressed they have 20 minutes of pen time, where they have to write or draw or colour in for 20 minutes. That gives me 20 minutes to knock out 600 words! Try it yourself- maybe you need 20 minutes to check emails or have some quiet alone time with a cup of tea, whatever you use it for it's an island of you time during the full on summer holidays!

No comments:

Post a Comment