Sunday 3 March 2013

Santa Sundays: Bernard Green

I have a love, a love of linocut.
Linocut is a form of print making made using a sheet of lino, gouged out to form a relief.  And I love them.
So this is the biggest thing I want for Christmas. (Or as a group present for my big number birthday this year...)

Bernard Green: ‘Blue Wave With Gull’

This linocut captures the essence of a place- a place I love so so well.  The coast around newgale beach, the place I go to feel completely relaxed, like a breath of fresh air to my soul.   I love it.  And this picture, the lines of the waves, the colours, the idea of the sand in the foreground is so perfect.  

It is a little on the pricey side, but then the artist Bernard Green passed away in 1998 which obviously contributes to the cost, but it is beautiful and... well I have no justification- it's just gorgeous!

3 comments:

  1. Oooh, that is gorgeous! Can you send Santa round mine too please??!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm still trying to talk santa into giving it to me... fingers crossed!

      Delete
  2. This linocut is beautiful. Where is Newgale Beach?
    www.sandradanby.com

    ReplyDelete